Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NaNoWriMo at Firefly Willows

Last Friday, a crew of crazies(...err...that is... "aspiring authors"...) showed up at Firefly Willows for a NaNoWriMo "write in" - a few hours of honest-to-goodness, focused, productive writing time.

Yah.

It was MAYHEM in there! I was out at the desk, developing a flyer (when I really would have rather been writing my book...!), as, with the passing of time, I realized just how boisterous it was in the studio workspace.

I peeked my head in and asked, "Everybody doing OK?"

((Sudden silence accompanied by sheepish grins...))

One young woman was there with her art supplies, ostensibly to provide inspiration and support for her friend who was writing.

I asked the artist to draw "the event". So here it is. NaNoWriMo at Firefly Willows, compliments of Kiva. (Why does she have three hands? Dunno. You'll have to come in this Friday to find out!)

NaNoWriMo is National Novel Writing Month. Write-ins are at Firefly Willows on Fridays in November, 6:30-8:30 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment