Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fasting For a Moral Document

...And to Find Depth and Clarity

So much is running through my head since yesterday.


I received an email from MoveOn.org. It challenged me to join a fast led by Jim Wallis, described on his blog God's Politics.

I'll let Jim's eloquence describe why he's fasting. On the surface, that is largely why I'm fasting. Some may say this effort is overtly political. Maybe.

I don't believe it is for me, though. It certainly could be. But something deeper in me is expressing itself, and, oddly, I'm having trouble putting it into words.

It's not that I want to "do something" or make a statement. I think maybe it's because I want to be present for some significant truths that are all too easy to put out of my mind. Perhaps, for the first time, I'm really feeling empathy for the poor.

I'm not sure, really, what this deeper feeling is yet, or what I'm going to learn about myself, or the world. It seems important.

I'll share what I discover.

No comments:

Post a Comment