Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thanksgiving In July...


...and celebrating a newborn.

Ruminating a bit more on my first post, I realized something.

I'm really grateful.

I could list a million things I'm grateful for. I'm going to list just a few, though, that feel particularly important to mention.


  • I'm grateful for all the good will and good wishes folks have offered as we've launched Firefly Willows.

  • I'm grateful for all the incredible help we received in putting Firefly Willows together.

  • I'm grateful for my amazing wife and magnificent daughter, who have been just the most stellar team-mates I could ever have imagined.

  • (I'm grateful that they've put up with me and still love me...)

  • I'm grateful for all the very talented healers and beautiful souls who have expressed an interest in helping us in the future, in practicing their craft with us, in sharing their gifts through Firefly Willows.

  • I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to participate in creating this gentle, beautiful place.

  • I'm grateful that I live in a community where it is valued.

And I'm grateful for the newborn baby itself.

So I'm declaring the month of July (and maybe August, too) "Gratitude Month" at Firefly Willows. We have a little hearth set up in our beautiful "Sky Studio" dedicated to expressing Gratitude.

Here, you're invited to come and say thanks for those things in your life that YOU are grateful for. It can be little piece of paper with your note of gratitude, popped into the gratitude jar. Or a heart-felt prayer sung to the sky. Or anything in between.

And while you're here, you're invited to open yourself to Abundance. Recognize the abundance you have already, and open your inner heart and outer life to gifts you haven't discovered or received yet.

I've learned in my life that Gratitude is the gateway to Abundance. It seems oddly backwards, but it seems to work for me. (Abundance and Gratitude are very intertwined for me in a deep way that I can't express. It's more than being grateful for abundance. It's like...like...like they're the same thing somehow.) So drop an expression of yourself in the Abundance jar, too.

Come - speak to the sky, to the community, to your loved-ones (whether they're "here" or not). Express your love, gratitude, contentment. Sign the guest book. Leave us a note.

I encourage you to pass this offer along to others. In our culture, we don't often receive an invitation to express our gratitude.

Come and share your story and your gifts. You are welcome here.


(*Note: We do hold classes and workshops in the studio, too. You are welcome to come any time, but we ask that you not approach the hearth when a class is in session. Check our website if you want to be sure of times when the studio is free.)

No comments:

Post a Comment